Senator Mohammed Ali Ndume representing Borno South has confirmed that no fewer than 42 students and children were abducted when armed Boko Haram and ISWAP terrorists invaded a primary school and junior secondary school in Mussa, Askira-Uba Local Government Area of Borno State, calling on troops of Operation Hadin Kai to intensify rescue efforts.
In a personally signed statement issued in Maiduguri, Ndume said information obtained from the schools’ authorities indicated that four students were taken from the Government Day Secondary School, 28 pupils were abducted from the primary section, and 10 children were seized from their residential houses, bringing the total to 42 persons.
He described the attacks as barbaric and disheartening, noting they came at a time when children were engaged in early morning lessons, and lamented the trauma inflicted on parents and guardians who had been left in hopelessness.
Ndume also condemned simultaneous attacks on Chibok communities of Bambatsu and Ngadarma the previous Thursday, in which several elderly persons were killed. He condoled with the families of victims in both communities and across the Southern Borno Senatorial District, which he said remained under persistent and devastating terrorist assault.